JUST ANOTHER GUY

Struggling to find a perfect sky

Just white and blue with no bird high

I do not wish to be

Just another guy



Deep into the woods

Lies the enigma of species

Where do I find my success,

Or is it just the miseries?



Trying to decipher the mindless heart

Actions that fail to synchronize by far

Several dejections in store above par

Wish I not be just the another guy



It seems am just not the any other guy,

For the problems I face

Have no solution why,

Unlike those for they who know why.



Some things in life need special attention

Like the sun who must rise to be worshipped for perfection

Like the river who must flow to meet the sea and then the ocean

Like the lovers who must love to complete their affection



They cannot be ignored although it’s the trivial things they do

And yet with their dedication and perseverance

The day begins like the one that wasn’t new

They earn respect for the quality devoid to me and revered to few.



If efforts are known to be rewarded with fruit

Then I must not be like him and yet like every other guy;

Be ready to be honored for my share of due

For the pains that I took, unnoticed by more than a few



It’s lucid by now although obscure it may seem,

I may become just the another guy yet I wont mind

For when I say him, I mean you,

Who is my warden, the tree and me like a fruit



In my bid to become not like you

You proved me to be wasteful dew

Who blossoms like a flower on the grass

But is burnt to ashes by the scorching star



I saw you and disturbed my sleep,

Then and now it was your ego, you wont mind me

In Fear I lived all my nascent

And in fear I shall live my remaining life



It’s possible,that the blame is on you

For all the failure when I face you

For things I stopped getting attracted to

For things that would mean pleasing you.



Like a gentlemen you would vehemently deny,

Like the general who issues a war-cry.

You might argue you wanted to make me the best

But it was my attitude that pinned all his hopes to rest



It’s jejune to hang you for the evils that are characteristically so untrue

For you are not the dark one that I saw

A person of immense luminosity in your eyes that I failed to conquer

The blame is blasphemy and sacrilegious on my part.



Each writes his own verse

Each follows his own destiny

The work that we aim to accomplish here

Has already been decided by our fate

Comments

  1. Hey Smit..Nice theme fr poem
    it was interesting in the start but somewhere in the middle gt very confusing! But the end was really classy!
    All in all a good poem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

moments i cherished

The Meet

true whispers....