ROAM AROUND, CAMP AND A CIRCUS- THAT’S CAMPUS!

Its 3 am in the morning. The whispers of wind are apparent enough. Nothing unusual about them. For the past two years at Symbiosis, they have been passing through my hostel gates, along the roads, classrooms and our hostel rooms. But, this was the air of melancholy.

Today was the last day I would be living as the Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communications student. What was it that was missing? Placed, yes; going back home happy, true; then what the hell was missing? I stepped out of the room, wearing my track suit, the one which I earned following my selection in the cricket team of Symbiosis. I decided to take the journey to my campus, the one that I had walked endlessly on for various reasons. It was wistful reminder of the silent, stupid, happy nostalgic moments that I had shared along the roads.

As I passed the cricket ground, it brought memories of the injuries that I shared on the ground and the subsequent limping towards the medical center for relisprays and pain killers; it also reminded me of the endless cynical commentary that I blurted during the matches for the tournaments we conducted. The next pause at our MESS was obvious. A place which had religiously provided us with food, however crazy it was to tear the roti or gulp the uncooked sabzi. It all felt so sumptuous now! The MESS had somehow become a meeting point for all the things we wished to crib about! The best thing about the place was also the ‘free chai’ that it generously treated us at exactly 5 in the evening! The chai, even with its absence of sugar had been sweetened by the gossips, endless chatters that our group shared after the tiring classes.
While walking, I passed the lush green trees of my beautiful campus, waving gleefully at me, perhaps acknowledging my presence. Amid their presence, I reached the Academic Block and came a voice I had been suppressing for long, “This was it, the place of little learning, awful scolding, peaceful sleeping and the unavoidable ‘eye’ talks that we enjoyed during our lectures.“ Losing the conscious control that I had till now, I let the tears flow and the emotions roll over me as I started pacing back to my room.

My roomies were fast asleep. The wind for some reason had stopped blowing. I felt healthy, accomplished. This was the best place I had ever lived, Home Sweet Home, my Campus where I roamed ceaselessly, camped carelessly, and carried the crazy circus of my friends along with me!

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

moments i cherished

The Meet

true whispers....