Losing is everything but also an opportunity!

Well,  I lost a badminton match in the college tournament between the juniors and the seniors. It was a bad defeat, but then, all defeats are supposed to be bad. I was supposed to win as the number one seed from the seniors but losing was all I could afford. 


It shouldn't be as depressing obviously. 'Shit happens', they say. 'Losing is a part and parcel that the game brings. He won only because you lost. Its only a game', and so it follows. But, this is certainly not the first time I have been confronted with this problem. Every time, its the loss that drives me crazy and if i remember distinctly, my childhood sets up a pretty good example of how sore a loser can be.


Why is it so hard for me to lose? Or is it just the same for everybody? Perhaps, its peculiar to me for I have been more often than not, on a golden spot. It simply means, even when, we as a team have screwed up, I have performed well so there have been very few and far-off chances of me sharing the blame. So, as it may seem, I have always been on the greener side and happily took a dig at the under-performers and rarely imagined myself in the same space.  But, now that the defeat leaves some scope for introspection, it seems more of an opportunity for me to break the barrier. 

I have zeroed down some of the spots that seriously need to worked on upon. Jotting them should be easier to follow.

a. DO NOT play unless you are sure to have practiced enough. 


b. You play because you LOVE the game, not because you CAN play the game. (More often than not, its the latter.)


c.For all the attention that you get when you win, it actually spoils you. Do not get carried away by it.


d. Be HUMBLE with the best of successes, it will be easier to digest the worst of losses.


e. Control your excitement when accomplishments follow you and it will be easier to survive the disappointments.  


f. Write your faults down, it is wiser to revise them during tumultuous times.


All this does require sincere efforts and a high level of self consciousness but  it should be possible for me. Not to the point that I turn preachy but till the time it raises my character and personality, I shall always endeavor to lose! Now, however pathetic and stupid it did sound, that was an honest and a serious attempt at trying to gulp down the loss which was hard to swallow till now.

But jokes apart, the loss, I believe will only lose when it attacks me! I wait for it, not eagerly, but only to prove it!

Hey wait, isn't it okay to win all the times!Cheers losers, yo winners!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

moments i cherished

The Meet

true whispers....