Prayer

I wish you could listen,
when I schmooze about your anecdotes, but not to you,
I certainly wish you would listen,
when women I meet know more about you,
for I have told them about how beautiful you are!
For beauty is synonymous with you.

I certainly wish you could listen,
to the countless talks I shared in my reveries,
where we mocked at distance and made it look short,
where I also said I love you a thousand times!

People come and go,
rivers dry and flow,
but true lovers meet just once,
and what follows is history!

I wish to write one,
I seek to cherish the run,
so hold it, Sam, when you find none,
for only the page has turned!

I pray you listen,
just so you know we have begun a new chapter.

Comments

  1. I recently stumbled upon your blog. I liked your work. Do you believe such love and loyalty exists?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

moments i cherished

The Meet

true whispers....